About The Founder
Caroline, The Sojourner
A 2014 national winner of the" Sue Lehmann Excellence in Teaching" Award and one of 16 feminists recognized by The National Association of Women's Studies in 2021, Caroline is a noted educator and activist.
Though primarily versed in the American context, through fellowships Caroline has studied inequality in India, Nepal, France, and Poland.
An equally recognized scholar, in 2017, Caroline was internationally named a “Bill and Melinda Gates Cambridge” fellow.
Caroline holds an MPhil (Master’s in Education Philosophy) from The University of Cambridge; her expertise specifically focuses on improving education at the institutional and systemic levels.
Currently, Caroline is a Humanity in Action Senior Fellow and a 2021 Racial Equity Grant recipient.
Outside of "WE The Sojourners" Caroline can be found:
2. Roaming her neighborhood with her camera around her neck
3. In a soul searching conversation with a friend
4. Searching for "the best Southern food" she can find (unfortunately) outside of the south
5. Laughing at the top of her lungs
6. Fighting with her sassy rabbit "Blanche Devereaux"
7. Being her absolutely silly, warm, and sassy self